Sunday, June 20, 2010

Love Simple

Today I'm feeling pretty down and out. I was up most of the night coughing and wheezing, and I woke up in full fledged pain. I've rubbed my joints down with Walgreen's ice blue gel, and I've started my regimen of prednisone, so hopefully I'll feel better soon.

I feel so guilty right now because I forgot to tell my husband happy Father's Day. Instead, I sent him out to get breakfast and didn't remember until I after I ate. I apologized, and he just smiled and said that's okay. I said, "I'm the worst wife ever." He said, "No. You just have lupus." What's even funnier is that I thought Father's Day was last Sunday and gave him his presents then. I'm just completely off, but I guess that's what he gets for marrying a lupie woman.

I just downloaded and watched the movie "Love Simple" through iTunes. I loved it. The main character is a woman with lupus who meets and falls in love with a guy who is taking care of his ailing father. The movie addresses some of the many stresses of being a woman with lupus and the guilt and anger associated with it.

It's definitely a great lupie movie. If you can, download it from iTunes by June 21st. Thirty percent of the proceeds go to the Lupus Foundation.

Have a Lupie Day.

LupieKat