Tuesday, July 15, 2008

What Exactly is a Healthy Does of Paranoia?

Most lupies are immune compromised, and I'm no exception. I've been hospitalized more than once recovering from the flu, so to say that I get petrified whenever the latest bug is floating around the office is an understatement. I often wonder if this is going to be the "one" bug that will get me.

Last week, my workmate Amy came down with some bug that knocked her into bed for several days. Because of this, I was afraid to go to our office Summer party. I was certain that someone there also would also have Amy's bug and would inadvertently give it to me. I thought long and hard about attending that party, and in the end, I decided that while I should be vigilant, I shouldn't let my fear over take my enjoyment of life and people.

I figured that since it was summertime I would be less likely to catch a bug. Also, I was careful to find out how people were feeling before I got too close. It has been a few days since the party, and I seem to be fine. (Knock on wood.)

Amy came back to work today recovered from her flu, and she said, "Now I understand how you feel about germs. I want nothing to do with anyone who might be sick." I said to her, "Welcome to my world."

Take care all.

Live lupie!

LupieKat

No comments: