Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The First Hour

Good Morning Lupies!

I woke up about a half hour ago, and I'm lying here contemplating my day.  I had a rough one yesterday.  I haven't been able to sleep through the night for a few days because my asthma has been troublesome.  Then yesterday I woke up with nausea and diarrhea.  My friends wanted to go out to lunch when actually, my stomach was feeling very blech.  I didn't want to tell people I felt bad yesterday because sometimes it feels like that's all I say, so I smiled and said, "Sure!  Sounds great!"  I did choose a place that I thought I could find something light.  We went to a healthy Japanese restaurant, Sachi Teriyaki in Inglewood, and I ordered a bowl of chicken teriyaki and rice.  It tasted so good, and it sat so well, I was able to eat the whole thing.  I'm glad I didn't opt out.  It was the best I had eaten for a few days.

There was also another earthquake yesterday!  Let's just say, it made me a little jittery.  By the end of my work day yesterday, I had chills and my asthma really started to hit me hard.  By the time I made it home, I could barely breathe.  I took about 20 mgs of prednisone and relied heavily on my Albuterol.

Now, I'm lying here in bed after being awake for about 35 minutes now, and I'm trying to gather up the energy to get up and get my day going.  I was hoping to bake cookies for tonight's weekly poker game, but so far, I'm just not feeling up to it.

I think I'll get up, brave those first few lupie steps, eat a bowl of raisin bran, take meds, meditate to clear away yesterday's crappy feeling day, and focus on today and right now.  Not how bad I felt yesterday, nor all the things I have to do today.  Just right now.

Sometimes, that's all you can do.

Live Lupie!

LupieKat

No comments: