Thursday, June 19, 2008

Too Confident in Feeling Good?

I'm in bed today. My friend Amy said I was feeling too confident in my recent good health, and I needed to be reminded I have lupus. She was joking,of course, but it made me wonder if my overconfidence in my good health made me push myself too hard.

My doctor says I did and ordered that I spend the rest of the week taking it easy. The toughest part of this whole thing is that my friend Jamillaah is in town, and I wanted to take her out. That's just not going to happen. I really wanted to show her the new, healthier Katerina, but instead, she is going to see the same tired Katerina that she's almost always seen.

I'm a bit frustrated. One day, I'm talking to my trainer about how I'm going to take surfing lessons in August, and the next day, I'm dragging around like I'm 92. I'm going to listen to my doctor and take it easy. He told me that he didn't think I'm having a flare. He thinks I just overdid it and my fibromyalgia is acting up. Hopefully, I'll be over this by Monday.

On a brighter note, this time in bed will give me a chance to catch up on sleep. Also, if I have energy, I'm going to write some new poems.

Take care all and live lupie!

LupieKat

No comments: