Monday, September 29, 2008

Lupie Sister

I spoke to my sister recently, and she isn't doing too well. She's about sixteen years older than I am, and she has lupus too. I think the whole thing may be getting the better of her right now. She really doesn't have energy to talk. She's suffering from congestive heart failure, and her kidneys are giving her problems as well.

I feel really scared for her. I don't know what to do. Part of me feels guilty because I'm on a healthy streak. Part of me feels scared because I'm wondering if I'm looking at my future. They say that no two people have the same lupus, but what if that person is related to you? Are you likely to have the same lupus?

I think the hardest part is that she lives so far away in Texas. If I could go visit her from time to time, it would be easier, I think.

Take care lupies.

LupieKat

No comments: