Saturday, July 21, 2007

Who needs sleep?

I do apparently. When my doctor isn't reminding me that I need to take my pain meds on a regular schedule, he's telling me that I need to rest. The past few days, I've been suffering because of lack of sleep lag. It started Wednesday night when I couldn't sleep because my son figured that 1:00 AM was the perfect time to cook a full meal. That was followed shortly by the dog's need for attention and a walk. All said, I ended up in bed about 2 AM, and I was up by 6 to get ready for work.

Then a friend invited me to the Dodgers game. I knew that I was tired, but I have a hard time saying no to free Dodgers tickets, and on the Field level 6th row! Forget about it. I think I actually forgot that I had lupus for all of 10 seconds as I accepted the offer. The game was good, but high scoring and lasting longer than expected. Got home at about Midnight on that one. I was up and ready for work by 9 AM though. If my husband didn't wake me up, I'm sure I would have slept the day away, but he had a meeting. As it was, I caused him to be late.

Now, I've really done myself in with the bad sleep schedule because I have fibromyalgia on top of the lupus, and now I'm tired but I can't sleep. Too much pain, I suppose, but it's miserable.

It will settle down eventually. It always does. I'll call this weekend my recovery weekend.

No comments: