Friday, August 3, 2007

Inspiring Lupie

Yesterday I read an article online about Salimah Mussani. She is a woman with lupus who just won the 2007 Canadian PGA Women's Championship. Isn't that the coolest thing? Normally, people with lupus are told that they can't participate in activities that expose them to sun and heat, but Salimah Mussani wasn't going to stop playing golf for that. According to the report, she plays under an umbrella and carries a lot of water with her.

It got me to thinking about all the things I don't do because of lupus. I've been wondering about how I'm going to finish my degree and maybe go on to get a second degree. I had come to accept that maybe it isn't possible the way things are now, but then I read about a 94 year old woman who just earned her Master's Degree.

Reading about these two women made me realize that nothing is impossible as long as you're still above ground and trying.

No comments: