Monday, August 6, 2007

Lupie Teeth

I had a tooth start to break away on Saturday. That will be the fourth tooth in a year. I have an appointment with the dentist this afternoon. I always have things like this happen to me over the weekend. My dentist would have taken care of it on Saturday, but I wasn't in any pain, so he scheduled an appointment for me to go in today.

I have to say that I'm pretty upset about this. I'm one of those people who does everything I'm supposed to do, which means that I floss at least once a day. My husband tells me that it would be worse if I didn't do these things. He's probably right, but that's little comfort when you're 38 going on 60. I have always taken good care of myself. I shouldn't be feeling this old. I don't drink. I don't smoke. I've never even had so much as a cup of coffee, and I feel like my body is falling apart. I really hate this.

Okay, that's it for my pity party. As you can see, dental care if vital with lupus. You need to take care not to come down with gingivitis or periodontis. Personally, I need to make sure that my mouth is clean in order to prevent yeast infection in my mouth. That stuff spreads down my esophagus faster than a jet plane. When that happens, that really isn't fun.

If you're interested. Here's a link on dental concerns and lupus.

No comments: