Sunday, November 25, 2007

Lupie Holiday Shopping

Even before my lupus symptoms got bad, I hated holiday shopping. Now with lupus, shopping in a mall is unbearable. Thanks to the Internet, I now do the majority of my shopping online. There are plenty of great places to shop inexpensively that even provide free shipping. Many also provide gift wrapping. Today, I got free shipping from RedEnvelope, Drugstore.com, Beauty.com and BarnesandNoble.com. Toys R Us was offering free shipping if I were willing to appropriately compliment toy items with a $40 purchase, but a purchase like that for one of my nieces and nephews would be out of budget. I have lots of nieces and nephews and if I spent $50 on one, I'd have to spend $50 on all of them, and I'm not rich, and I'll never be if I do that.

A great place to do shopping is with the company I work for, PriceGrabber.com. At PriceGrabber, you can use the Personal Shopper feature to shop by price, relationship, or personality. I know many people worry about shopping online. I often use companies that have a longstanding reputation, such as, RedEnvelope, Target, Amazon, or ToysRUs. Another great thing about PriceGrabber is that you can read the Merchant reviews and see what sort of experience other customers have had with a particular company. With a company like PriceGrabber, the online shopping experience is a lot safer, and I don't just say that because I work there. I say that because I believe in the company I work for. If I didn't, I wouldn't be there.

Since I want to try to be unbiased, another great shopping site is Yahoo Shopping. It also has shopping guides, and many of their Companies are well known, reputable dealers. I've used them for several years, and I've never had a problem with any of the companies I shop from, but as I said before, I always choose reputable and well known companies.

I have to say that shopping online is great for someone with lupus. This morning, I purchased, wrapped, and shipped presents for fourteen people without even standing up. It took me about two hours to shop for my relatives online, when usually something like that takes me days and loads of stress.

My lupie advice for the month is not to let holiday shopping send you into a flare. Go online and get it all done without running around and tiring yourself out.

Take care and live lupie!

LupieKat

No comments: