Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Feeling Dizzy

So, I've gone from itchy to dizzy. There should be a set of Lupus dwarfs like the dwarfs in Snow White. There should be Itchy, Dizzy, Sleepy, Achy, Rashy, Foggy (as in foggy brained), and Moony (because he's allergic to the sun). It took me a while to think of that one. My first thought for the name of that one was the opposite of light. To avoid obvious racial implications, I went for Moony.

So today, I'm dizzy. It actually started last night when I was driving home from work which is a scary thing. I didn't know what to do. Do I pull over? And if I do, then what? Do I call someone to pick me up? Do I wait for it to pass? I was at a loss. Finally I just soldiered on through and made it home with no incident, but I was worried the whole time.

I called my insurance company's nurse line. I often call the nurse line in order to avoid being a nag with my doctor. If the nurseline tells me to call the doctor, I will. I called my doctor, and he asked me to come in this morning. He looked me over and determined that I likely have an inner ear infection.

This means no driving for me until I feel comfortable that the dizziness has subsided. My husband seems to think I can still drive while dizzy, but I just don't think it's a good idea. I think I will avoid getting a DWD. (Driving While Dizzy).

Take care all and Live Lupie!

LupieKat

No comments: