Monday, October 13, 2008

Household Help

Last week, I was talking to my sister, the coolest lupie ever, and she told me that she's getting someone to come in and help clean her house. She said that it was a special service through some government facility for the disabled. I thought this was pretty great.

Many lupies have a hard time cleaning their homes. Not even considering the pain aspect of bending over and lifting things, there's the breathing factor with using all the chemicals necessary to have a clean and sanitary home. I, myself, can't use any kitchen or bathroom cleansers without sending myself into an asthma fit.

I hire a housekeeper to come in once every few weeks to clean my bathrooms and kitchen and to do some vacuuming. If you can't afford something like that, try looking into what sort of public assistance is available for the disabled in your area.

No comments: