Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Mind Goes with the Body

I was just reading this month's issue of Redbook Magazine. This issue happens to contain advice from Deepak Chopra. (Doesn't that name just say, you must listen to me about anything holistic?) Anyway, Chopra says, "Your body is a battleground of the wars you wage in your mind." I have to agree with that today because today was a rough one.

I think I mentioned in my last blog that I had a disagreement with my brother. Well, the whole thing has had me upset for days. It caused me to play this negative soundtrack in my head. I started thinking about all the bad things people have said to me, and just all these negative things that have happened. I was in a horrible thinking pattern. Also, my job sometimes involves my having to deal with difficult people. When I'm in a mood like this, dealing with difficult people makes it worse.

And then last night, my husband and I got into an argument, and I was upset with him. I was just upset all over. Then this morning, I was heading to work, and I got this sharp headache on the right side of my head. I used to get them years ago before I started the plaquinel, but I rarely get them since. Their awful headaches. It's like someone is taking a piece of my brain and squeezing it. It never lasts for more than 30 seconds, but it does throw me off for a while. Then when I get to work, I start to get this pain on my right side. It was horrible. It didn't feel like my usual lupus arthritis pain that happens in my joints. This pain was set in my bones. My husband had to take me home.

We both figured that it was probably all due to stress, and that I just needed to chill, so I rested for a few hours, and I started to feel better. I feel like I brought this episode on myself. I know that I have to keep my mind in a good place because my lupus reactions are always reflected by my frame of my mind, so for now, it's all happy thoughts!

If you're ever at a lost for finding happy thoughts, check out the comedy channels or comedy radio stations. Today, I went to iTunes and downloaded the ABC Family show "Slacker Cats". It's a sick and twisted show, but funny.

Katerina

No comments: